Monday, March 2, 2015

Make-It-Count Monday! [Week One]


This semester I am taking a counseling class called intro to relationships for my degree in Interdisciplinary Studies EC-6. One of the writing prompts was about how your personal values influence you to help. I chose this prompt because I felt like I could really reach out to others about Jesus and how He is my ultimate help. I decided to turn this into a short series!

My personal values have a lot to do with my faith, and my faith encourages me to help others. I believe Jesus is Lord and proclaim him as my savior. He came to this earth as a baby; our savior came into this world vulnerable and defenseless. He lived a full life free of sin and has gone through every struggle that we face today. He humbled Himself. He did not come to boss all of God’s people around and demand that they obey Him. He gave up His seat at the throne to come and help those who would not only reject Him, but murder Him. God gave up His one and only son to save the sinners who disobeyed Him repeatedly. Romans 5:8 states “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” He is my ultimate help.

Throughout the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, Jesus travelled with his disciples teaching them and everyone they came across, how to live in order to have eternal life. He helped them spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically. Jesus had a desire to help everyone He came across and He helped the people more than they could have ever imagined; more than they even realized. He cast demons out of men, gave sight to the blind, healed a leper, gave a paralyzed man the ability to walk, healed a bleeding woman, restored a girl to life, and so much more. But most of all, He died for us while we were still sinners, so that we may know God’s grace, love, and mercy firsthand.

Today, I just wanted to explain the series I'm starting and show what an inspiration Jesus is. Next Monday we will dig a little deeper on how we can help others! I'm so excited!
It's Monday! Wear a smile and help others! We will call it: Make It Count Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment