Friday, February 20, 2015

New Bucket List


So today, I was listening to a podcast from Joyce Meyer called "Self-Centered Part 2" and there was something she mentioned in this that really inspired me.

She talked about how people have bucket lists of what they want to do before they die and she turned it around to make a new kind of bucket list. Things I want to do for others before I die! I just thought it was a beautiful and powerful message.

So here is my Bucket List of things I want to do for others before I die:

-Make at least three people smile every day
-Make it a habit to pay for the people behind me at a drive-thru
-Give a bible to someone who wants to build a relationship with God
-Donate to charities on a regular basis
-Volunteer as much as I can, wherever I can
-Go on a mission trip
-Go on another mission trip
-Buy clothes for someone who hasn't been able to afford new clothes in a long time
-Tutor kids who need help with school work

I'd like to update this as much as possible. I just loved the message Joyce Meyer gave. I hope I can do all of these things and more. I've always been a bit self-centered, but I'm working on changing that. I've discovered that worrying only about yourself can make you miserable. I'm tired of being miserable. I want to give to others because that is what brings real, lasting joy.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment