Saturday, March 21, 2015

Good Reads: Overwhelmed by Perry Noble


So many of my books, I stockpile from Lifeway because they always put books on sale for $5. So I have quite a few books on my shelf that I have yet to read because I buy them all at once for a really good price because I just hate to pass on a good priced book. It's a curse and a blessing. I usually choose a book from my shelf at random for my next read. The most recent book I read was Overwhelmed by Perry Noble. But this time it wasn't random. I chose it because I have really been feeling overwhelmed and it really seemed to fit into my life perfectly.

Perry Noble did an astonishing job writing this book. He applies scripture to real life situations in such a unique way. I enjoyed all of his real life stories that he told in his book. They are so easy to relate to that you almost think he is talking about your life! There are some pretty funny moments and some pretty serious moments, and they all point you back to the Lord. He does such an amazing job at helping you realize that your overwhelming situations are under the control of a powerful God!

There were many quotes from this book that stuck out to me but so I don't give away the whole book, I'll just show you one:
Only the truth of God's Word can shatter the lies of the enemy and cause stress and anxiety to fall from our shoulders like chains being removed from a prisoner's wrists.
-Chapter 11: Letting Go of Control.
That is so powerful and so true. I absolutely loved this book and it definitely helped me to look at the stressful circumstances in my life in a new light.

Are you feeling overwhelmed? I hope you get a chance to read this book. I believe it can help you understand that God has a special plan for you despite your difficult circumstances because He is greater than any problem, any enemy, and any hardship that you face and He can conquer it all for you.

Purchase Overwhelmed by Noble Perry Here

Thanks for reading! Have a blessed weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment