Thursday, September 18, 2014

Praise Him Always


So today, I got caught in the rain walking from class to my car [which is a pretty long walk]. I looked like I had jumped in a pool, clothes and all. My shoes felt squishy under my feet, and my clothes were clinging to me. I felt so uncomfortable. But I thought of something to be thankful for.

Out of all the times it had rained the past few months, the Lord kept me dry. I had always missed the rain by just a few seconds! The other day at the concert, it rained, and I didn't mind it one bit, even though I didn't have an umbrella. I had a great time listening to For King & Country glorify God through their music, and I praised Jesus through all of it. But today class seemed much longer than it usually does and I just wanted to go home. I walked out of the building and discovered that it was pouring! I walked that long, cold, wet walk to my car. Was I still willing to praise Jesus in the rain the same way I did when I was at the concert? ABSOLUTELY!

No way was I going to let some rain distance me from my Lord & Savior. When I got to my car, I blared my music and sang as loud as I could. I was listening to Lift My Life Up by Unspoken. "You brought me this far, why would I question you now? You have provided, why would I start to doubt? I've never been stranded, abandoned, or left here to fight alone, So I'm giving you control". I love this song. God has never left me, He will never leave me. He will bless me and He will allow me to struggle, because He loves me and He will always help me through whatever task He gives me.

So I hope you will also embrace whatever God gives you! Know that no matter what He puts you through, that He's right by your side through it all. He's there to help you and provide you with strength. He will never abandon you. You are His child. Praise Him, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment