Thursday, October 2, 2014

Good Reads: Love Well



The main reason I picked this book up was the title. Love Well. I hadn't really been loving well, and decided to put forth the effort to change that. This book has definitely taught me a few lessons and I've been applying those lessons to my everyday-life. I have this book to thank and it's author Jamie George.
Not only am I much happier, but those I surround myself with have been happier! Each chapter is filled with the wisdom of God's Word.

Jamie George also discusses relative issues that might be getting in the way of you "loving well". For example:
Those who know me best know that I am a terrible listener! I'm so ashamed of how selfish I am, and not paying attention to what someone is saying is just ONE of the ways that I can be selfish. I'm working on myself, and I believe God is also working on me. In Love Well, Jamie George quoted Mark Nepo. I've never heard this quote before but I have a new goal for myself, and that is to listen. "To listen is to continually give up all expectation and to give our attention, completely and freshly, to what is before us... To listen is to lean in, softly, with a willingness to be changed by what we hear." Oh my lanta. I think that is just amazing!

If you've read this book, I'd love to hear your feedback and what stuck out to you the most. I hope everyone is having an amazing week! It's almost Friday, so hang in there!

Purchase Love Well by Jamie George here



No comments:

Post a Comment