Friday, August 8, 2014

Her Name is Faith



"For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made, you works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one came to be." -Psalm 139:13-16




Meet my new baby sister, Faith. Yes, I'm 22 years old and have a new born sister. I also have a 4 year old brother named Jacob. When I was younger, I always wanted brothers & sisters. I was always playing by myself, talking to myself, and staying up at night playing scenarios in my head with pretend brothers and sisters.

When my parents divorced, I especially wanted brothers and sisters so I wouldn't be going through their divorce alone. Someone else would be there beside me feeling the same way about not being able to see mom & dad at the same time anymore; always separate. But I realize now that God didn't think I needed anyone to go through this with me, I think He knew I needed to go through it with HIM. But it took me a while to figure this out.

You see, my parents got married about two months before I was born. So the way my 12 year old mind saw it was that they wouldn't have had to get a divorce if I was never born. They wouldn't have to change their entire lives if I wasn't born. The past 12 years I felt was a waste of time for them if they weren't going to spend the rest of their lives together like they promised when they got married, and the only reason they made that promise was because of me. I felt like they wouldn't have had to go through that pain of losing 12 years if they never had me. And I thought if I had brothers & sisters, it wouldn't have felt like so big of a burden. But if only I had gone to God, He would've let me know the instant that I thought that, that it wasn't true, not even close. Eventually, I found out that God wanted me to hand that burden over to Him, because it was never mine to carry.

I love my parents very much, both of them. But God had other plans, and He's still at work for both of them. And He's still at work for me. I finally have a brother & a sister. I may be 22 years old, but God gives us what we need when we need it. He knew I didn't need a brother or sister to get through the divorce, He knew I needed Him & His son & the Holy Spirit to get through it. Now I depend completely on God and trust Him with all my heart. Now I have an amazing little brother and a beautiful little sister, because I realized I needed God first. I'm so thankful that He helped me see that it was Him I needed all along, because I am nothing without Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment