Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Creating Inspiring Home Decor


First: Forgive my terrible photo quality!
Second: I am so not a professional painter but I figured this would be really fun!

So Brian and I have been saving up for a house and haven't really decorated our apartment as far as putting things on the walls; no posters, no photos, no paintings, nothing. So when our lease is up, we plan to be outta these apartments and be proud homeowners! So we haven't really had any spending money for decorations. Well, what better to do than to create some with some awesome scripture!?


I know you can't really tell from these paintings but I actually used to paint quite a bit; I'd never really been amazing at it but it was something I had a fun time doing. So I had some old canvases that I didn't know what to do with, and a ton of paint and paintbrushes! Even a paint marker. So I figured I'd do something awesome with them. Not awesome paintings or anything, but make good use of them and put God's word up around in our new home {when we move into our new home}. We're really excited and are hoping to find a really nice home that we could someday raise a family in. Of course, we want to get married first, and yes... we are sinning by living with each other before marriage. But we truly do love each other and although we haven't had the money or time for a wedding, we feel like we are married and are happy to spend the rest of our lives together. God knows our hearts. Hopefully a wedding will be coming up soon!(:



I'm even considering doing quite a few more of these {once I get better at it} and giving them away as gifts for Christmas or birthdays! So I'm really excited about my new/old hobby! If you've got some free time and some spending money, why not make some of these yourself? They're really fun, and who cares if they don't look professional. You've got God's word on them and that's what makes them GREAT!

I hope everyone is having an amazing week so far! We're halfway through it. Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment