Friday, August 1, 2014

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Happy birthday to the best mom on the planet! Above is my favorite picture of us. She was curling my hair for me while we were in San Antonio for a PBR Built Ford Tough Series Event. It was my first time ever going and I wasn't very excited at first but we had a blast!

She was excited the whole time, but what started it for me was while we were in our car waiting for the valet line to go up. We were leaving the hotel to head to the stadium. There were a few bull riders standing outside the hotel doors waiting for their vehicles, and one of them waved at me. At me! Mom and I got into it over who he was waving at but it was all in fun. After realizing how nice the bull riders were, I really got into the whole PBR thing. I asked her who it was that waved at us and she told me it was Renato Nunes. So I vowed right then and there that he would always be my #1 favorite bull rider. When he rode that night, I cheered my head off!

Later when we got to the hotel, we figured we might run into Renato, so we waited in the lobby. We ended up "casually" running into him and hanging out with him {I thought he had a crush on my mom}. He's Brazilian and at that time he didn't know much English so I taught him "chillin'" and "homies", which I still think was my favorite part of the night. He even complimented me on my bunny slippers {yes, I was 16 and still wore bunny slippers. They were cute!}. I even watched his luggage for him when it was time to leave. So yeah, we were pretty much BFFs by end of the weekend. Like I said, he was into my mom.

We had so much fun that we made it our annual vacation to go to San Antonio to watch our favorite bull riders. It was an amazing experience getting to bond with my mom over bull riders.

This photo is from the next year, after Renato had won the world championship! He still remembered his little people fans. I'm so glad my mom introduced me to PBR. Our PBR events were some of the funnest moments we had. Thanks mom.

Also, thank you for everything you've done for me. You took care of me when I was sick, took me to the doctor and dentist when I needed you. You bought me my car & paid to put me through college. You spoiled me rotten. You were always there for me when I was having a meltdown. You gave me space when I needed, and hugs when I needed them more. But most importantly you taught me to be independent, and go for what I want most in life and to follow my dreams. You've encouraged me and also inspired me. I love you. God couldn't have blessed me with a better mom. He gave me the best.

2 comments:

  1. 2009 was awesome and so glad you were with me! Colorado is next! :) love you baby bub!

    ReplyDelete