Friday, July 25, 2014

What the Bible Says: About Forgiveness


One of the worst things about me is the trouble I have forgiving, whether it's forgiving myself or others. I've been working on it for a while, and I have to admit, even I've noticed some improvements thanks to the bible. There have been wrongs done to me and also wrongs I'd done to others that I didn't know how to forgive and forget, but Jesus taught me how. I'm so thankful for my Lord & Savior for dying on the cross for us. He washed us white as snow. He forgave us of our sins, and we should be able to forgive others as well, including ourselves. Here are some of my favorite verses that help me remember how important it is to forgive.

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." -Ephesians 4:31-32 (NIV)

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your father in heaven may forgive you your sins." -Mark 11:25-26 (NIV)

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." -Romans 5:8 (NIV)

"But to you who are listening I say; Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." -Luke 6:27(NIV)

"The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him" -Daniel 9:9 (NIV)

"Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea." -Micah 7:18-19 (NIV)

"Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." -Colossians 3:13 (NIV)

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace." -Ephesians 1:7 (NIV)

"I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more." -Hebrews 8:12

"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, 'Lord how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?' Jesus answered 'I tell you not seven times but seventy seven times.'" -Matthew 18:21-22

"Jesus said, 'Father forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.'" -Luke 23:34

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ariene,

    Thank you for your comment today on my blog! That is a great idea for a post! I will write one like that soon with just some information about myself in reguards to my faith. As for bible studies, I love getting involved with them with other girls my age. The biggest thing that has helped my faith and really grown me, is surrounding myself around other people that love Christ as well. (aside from actually spending time in His word and praying). Being in community with others your age that love God is essential. They will really push you to lean and grow. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Marquis
    simplyclarke.com

    ReplyDelete