Saturday, July 26, 2014

New Reading List Thanks to The Sale @ Lifeway!


So I had a wonderful Saturday with my mom and my baby brother! I say "baby" brother because there's an 18 year difference between us {in case you were wondering}. We went to look at furniture & of course since we were close by I just HAD to make a pit stop at Lifeway Christian Stores. I love it there; so hard to leave empty handed. They were having a pretty awesome sale! I bought 5 books for $21 & some change. There's only 4 books in the photo above because one of the books was a children's book that I gave to my brother Jacob. So here are the books I found for $5 each.

Follow Me by David Platt: "What did Jesus really mean when he said, 'Follow Me'? Is it possible for people to say they believe in Jesus but not truly be born again? Is it possible for people to claim they have accepted Christ into their hearts yet not actually be Christians?
Not only is it possible, but according to Pastor David Platt, it's also highly probable. The author of the bestselling book Radical is convinced that many people in our churches today are misled as to what it truly means to be a follower of Christ. Western culture has drained the lifeblood out of Christianity and replaced it with a watered-down version of the gospel that is so palatable it isn't even real anymore.
"Follow me," Jesus calls.
Two simple words that change everything. You will never be bored. You will always have purpose. You will never lack joy. But it will cost you. This is not an invitation to pray a prayer. It is a summons to lose your life. A call to die. A call to live. Have you answered that call?"

Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore: "From her first breath of fresh air beyond the pit, it has never been enough for Beth Moore to be free. This author and teacher who's opened the riches of Scripture to millions has longed for you to be free as well. To know the Love and Presence that are better than life - and the power of God's Word that defies all darkness.
Her journey out of the pit has been heart-rending. But from this and the poetic expressions of Psalm 40 has come the reward: a new song for her soul - given by her Savior and offered to you here, friend to friend. It is Beth's most stirring message yet of the sheer hope, utter deliverance... and complete and glorious freedom of God: ' waited patiently for the Lord, He turned to me and heard my cry, He lifted me out of the slimy pit, He set my feet on a rock, He put a new song in my mouth'."
It is a story, a song - a salvation - that you can know too.

To Live is Christ, To Die is Gain by Matt Chandler: "This is not a book with popular sound bites and bumper-sticker theology. This is a disruptively inspiring message from Matt Chandler, a pastor and Bible teacher, who invites you to walk with him through the short book of Philippians."

Breaking Free by Beth Moore: "I have never written anything that meant more to me than the message of this book. The contents of these pages are so important to me, so precious to me, that I desperately desire for it to be precious to you. Christ calls us to a place of breaking free. He woos us to the place of absolute freedom - the only kind of freedom that is real."

I was looking through books and found a few randoms, I'm excited to start reading. I'm just itching to learn as much as I can. Feel free to let me know of any books you've read lately. I hope everyone is having an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment