Thursday, May 25, 2017

How I got back to my Pre-Pregnancy Weight in Two Months




When I was pregnant, I gained a total of 37 lbs.  I know many women gain less than that, and many women gain more.  Before I got pregnant, I weighed 124 lbs.  I am only 5 ft tall, so to me, I was a little heavier than I wanted to be.  When you are short, you tend to show weight gain pretty easily.

Tomorrow, Aurora will be two months and I am back down to 124 lbs.  I actually have a feeling that I'm going to drop more weight.

This was me at my baby shower on February 11th at 32 weeks pregnant.  It's the last picture of me pregnant.  I had Aurora at 38 weeks.  My total weight was 161 lbs when they induced me.


This is me now.  Sorry I cropped out my head.  I looked awful!




I had a vaginal delivery with no tearing, but when I got home, I did not allow myself enough time to rest.  I was constantly moving around, doing things around the house.  Because of this, I am still sore in my "down there" area.  So I can't really work out.

So how did I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight?  I changed the way I eat.  And breastfeeding burns tons calories.

It's not a diet exactly, since I am breastfeeding, but I do eat better.  I also eat smaller portions more often.

I kept it simple.  Trying to lose weight does not have to be overwhelming.

First, I do not drink soda.  All I drink is water, but this is normal for me before, during, and after pregnancy.

I allow myself one day to treat myself to dessert, and that's Sunday.  The only sugar, other than that, is from fruit and yogurt.  I don't do processed or frozen foods.  I don't do fast food or junk food.  I will be the first to tell you that I used to eat a LOT of junk food and fast food, so this was really hard for me.  But I was determined to lose the baby weight!  If I, of all people, can do it, I know you can too.  I also cut out bread, which I think really helped too.  Because I used to eat bread like crazy.

For breakfast:
Two eggs & two slices of turkey bacon
or
Oatmeal with add-ins such as peanut butter, honey, cinnamon, bananas, berries, etc.

Snack:
Yogurt

Lunch:
This varies!  I will usually eat my more hearty meals at lunch time.
Yesterday, I made chicken stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese.
And I had three chicken breasts, so I made it for two other days this week.
You can choose what you want for lunch, but make sure you have a meat and veggies.

Snack:
Fruit like watermelon, bananas, apples, pineapples.  These are just what I chose.

Dinner:
Salad.  H-E-B has these awesome pre-made salads that are usually 200-300 calories.  I choose to eat salad at dinner because I do not want a heavy stomach when I go to bed.  The Fiesta Salad is definitely my favorite.  They also have a Chef Salad and Cesar Chicken Salad.


This meal plan has also not negatively effected my milk supply.  Aurora gets plenty to eat and has put on a healthy amount of weight, which I am happy with because she was only 5 lbs, 11 oz when she was born.

Making better food choices has helped me shed weight without working out.  My workout is doing chores around the house.  Plus, I live in a two-story, so I spend a lot of time going up and down the stairs throughout the day.

If you change the way you eat, you can get down to your pre-pregnancy weight too(:




No comments:

Post a Comment