Friday, May 19, 2017

DIY Newborn Photo Session



Newborn photo sessions can range from $100 to $300.  I wanted newborn photos for Aurora as much as the next new mommy, but with the upcoming hospital bills and everything we spent just to get her nursery set up, I did NOT want to pay for newborn photos.  So I did the next best thing!  A DIY Newborn Photo Session!  And even better, I used my iPhone 7!

Here's how I did it:

I found a little bin that Aurora would fit comfortably in.



I filled it with soft blankets, washcloths, etc.



Then I picked out a pretty blanket to lay over it.



I placed this all on a sturdy bench in front of a blank wall.

I chose a cute floral headband that my mom recently bought for her.

I got a blanket to cover her with that wouldn't clash with the blanket she would be laying on.

I waited until she fell into a deep sleep so I could position her any way I wanted.

She made a few silly faces while I was snapping photos, but finally I landed the perfect shot!



It only took about 15 minutes!

Now, like I said I used my iPhone, so I used an app called Filtera to get that professional photography look.  Just play around with the filters and adjusting settings.  Depending on your lighting, you'll have to figure out how to get the same look.

Download Filterra Here!

Want the floral blanket I used in my newborn's photos?  Find it here!




No comments:

Post a Comment